Sunday, September 15, 2013

Resolution Run 5k (12-30-07)

Ice. That's pretty much the theme of this race, ice. It was everywhere. I had 2 goals coming into this race. (1) To PR- sub 19:46, (2) To finish under 20:00. When I got to the start line, I quickly realized that the likelihood of accomplishing either of those, was severely diminished. The course was covered in ice, thick sheets of it everywhere. :sad:

The race itself was NOT fun. I was running on the side of the path because the grass wasn't as slick. At the turns I had to come to a complete stop, change directions, and start back up again. It was incredibly frustrating, the whole race was. My thoughts were negative throughout almost the entire race, I just wasn't into it.

With about a half mile left in the race I thought, "hey maybe I still have a chance at breaking 20:00." So I picked it up as best as I could (which still wasn't much). But when my watch showed 19:55 and I still had about 150 meters to go, I realized it wasn't gonna happen. I didn't kick it in at all, I just held the same pace and kinda cruised into the finish line. I even got passed by someone within 5 feel of the line. :mutmad: Perhaps there was nothing I could have done about the weather conditions, but I'm disappointed in myself for not giving it my all at the end. :sad:

Mile 1- 6:34
Mile 2- 6:45
Mile 3.1- 6:55 (6:17 pace)
FINISH- 20:15 

No comments:

Post a Comment