Sunday, September 15, 2013

Miami Half Marathon (1-29-07)

1-29-07

Damn, I'm tired. VERY fun weekend though :grin:  The weather was amazing (at least the first two days). 

Friday we spent the day at the Sherridan Bell Harbor. The hotel was gorgeous! :cool:  Then we checked in to the DoubleTree Surfcomber. This place was right in the heart of South Beach!! We did a lil shopping on Jordan Ave. and then went to the expo. Expo was decent, got a few shirts. Then we went to dinner at Nobu (very cool restaurant). After that we went out for a few drink at a hotel/bar called The Delano

Saturday we had a nice lil brunch in our hotel, laid out by the pool all day, and did a lil shopping. We went to dinner at Barton G (also a very neat restaurant). We called it a night kinda early because we had a 4:30am wake-up call for a 6am race. :shocker!:

Got the wake up call, dressed up, and headed out to catch a cab.  When we stepped outside there was some light drizzle, no big deal right? We got to the start line and the sky just OPENED UP! :sad: I'm talking about an absolute torrential downpour!! :shocker!: We got to the start line around 5:30 and it lasted until 6:15 (about 2 miles into the race). My shoes were absolutely drenched before we even crossed the start line, and I knew the weather would affect our finishing time. Here are the splits according to my Garmin....

Mile 1- 9:25
Mile 2- 8:59
Mile 3- 9:16
Mile 4- 9:11
Mile 5- 9:02
Mile 6- 9:10
Mile 7- 8:49
Mile 8- 9:02
Mile 9- 8:50
Mile 10- 8:35
Mile 11- 8:33
Mile 12- 8:18
Mile 13- 8:04
.1- 1:29
Finish- 1:56:51

Overall I'm very pleased with my time. I consider myself INCREDIBLY fortunate in light of all I've been through, and what I've had to overcome to be able to do this. As I've said before, I'm never taking my health for granted again. Thanks for reading :hug: 



No comments:

Post a Comment